7.16.2008

{ Living in Color: Pink }

I have a new found love for color. Black and white are safe and easy and, unfortunately, my usual choice. *Yawn* Boring, right? I've decided to be brave and bold and give color a chance. I hesitantly purchased the most fabulous salmon colored sun dress. I was afraid of its punch but I think I may have actually pulled it off... well, I felt comfortable in it, anyway. So I've decided to stop living life as a wall flower and to do something unheard of. I'm going to step away from the neutrals. I know. Scary.

And so for the next few days I am going to be doing a series I've so cleverly titled, Living In Color. I believe that the things you surround yourself with, specifically your clothing and home decor, say a lot about you. So what do you say? Should we all liven ourselves up a bit?

In walks inspiration: Let's call it Living in Color. I will feature different colored rooms every few days and we can all daydream and plan for the future. I know, I know. I am so creative you can hardly stand it. Feel free to play along and we'll see if we can liven our souls up a little bit. Maybe we can do clothes next. Anyone in? Just do a Living In Color post on your own blog and let me know about it so I can let everyone else know too.

Pink will obviously be first. Duh.

I love getting ideas on how to tastefully do pink. You can go wrong quite easily with this color. We don't want our bedrooms to look like a four year old designed them, that would be tragic. I'm not sure how well decorating our family room in pink would go over with the manly hubby but I think it would be a great option for a guest room or a dressing room off of the master. Here are a few ideas on pink rooms for grown ups.


I love the gold mirror in this first image. I think it goes well with the pink. I adore the zebra rug. I was sold on the idea of zebra rugs by one of my favorite blogs, Corte De Texas.

Source unknown


I like the subtlety of the pink in these next two room. It's very romantic. And those ruffles are so feminine, don't you think?

This is my favorite pink room. I think it is so fresh and modern. The pink chairs have such a great shape.





I can't wait to see your favorite pink rooms. Have fun!


6 comments:

Claremont First Ward said...

What a great dress........what great pink rooms.

Thank you so much for taking the time to pop over, browse around and comment on my posts. I look forward to returning and looking around. :)

Leslee P said...

love the color theme. I have the same problem. i can never committ to a color. i hardly have any painted rooms in the house. maybe i should follow in your footsteps... Great idea. I will keep a look out for my fav-o-rite pink rooms.

sidenote: are you still wanting to set up a give-a-way with Kiki & Lele? We would love to put you on the books. E-mail me at kikiandlele@yahoo.com if you do not mind to set up....

~ Angela said...

You are seriously so cute I want to cry. I LOVE your blogs. If only I could transport those photos into real life with a wave of my hand or a wiggle of my nose. (I'll start practicing). I tried a pink bedroom once. It didn't sit to well with the husband. But some day I might just have to try again. What's that saying about begging for forgiveness instead of asking for permission?

P.S. Can I go sailing with you next time? Take pity on a poor girl from Idaho. ;)

~ Angela said...

I totally just mistyped "to" instead of "too" in my comment. And it won't let me change it. Arghhhh!!!
Now I look like a poor ILLITERATE girl from Idaho! Does that make you want to take me sailing even more???? Because if so, I could mistype and misspell more often. :)

Unknown said...

OMG, that second room is too much! It's beautiful. I love the huge venetian mirror, white-washed color, and that ruffled bedspread is just gorgeous!

Okay, I have a question that is off-topic. How did you go about advertising on your site? Are you using one of those ad networks or did you seek out sponsors? Thanks!

woolies said...

what georgeous rooms! I also like the one that you said was your fav...and now that I think about it, I have a pink chair in my den, the rest of the room is earth tones. I bought the chair at an estate sale, it is a very old chair, and needs to be re-upholstered in a new pink!